The company was established in 1978 as Cardinal Container Corporation. The original owners — a husband and wife team — operated the company as a distributor of commodity packaging items.
In 1988, the founders sold the company to another entrepreneur. Seven years later, in 1995, this new owner hired three salesmen who helped the company grow at a rapid pace.
In 2002, a management team composed of those three salesmen and a fourth member who now serves as President, purchased Cardinal Container Corporation and gave it the name of Cardinal Packaging Products Inc. In 2007, Cardinal added three additional partners to bring additional capital into the company for future growth opportunities.
In October 2009, for consolidation and efficiencies to better serve customers, Cardinal relocated to its current headquarters in Crystal Lake, IL. The new 86,000 sq. ft. facility is home to our present Cardinal Pack team. Cardinal Pack prides itself in offering solutions to meet all our customers’ packaging needs.
Cardinal Pack declares that it will offer customers the highest quality products and services in the packaging industry with on-time delivery, every time and exceeding their expectations. We will strive to be partners with our customers and suppliers offering program solutions to meet their needs. We believe for us to be successful we must first assist our customers in being successful and contribute to our employees’ development, while providing shareholders with maximum values.
The Cardinal Difference
Cardinal Pack offers many advantages that make it different and appealing to Retail and Industrial Packaging customers:
- Cardinal represents a select group of the top packaging manufacturers
- Cardinal will manage packaging projects from concept to completion
- Cardinal offers quality products from a J.I.T. Inventory Management System
- Cardinal carries over 10,000 Industrial Packaging components & customer components in-stock
- Cardinal has a Fulfillment Center that will ship products that day they are released
- Cardinal can manage Design, Engineering, Prototypes or Trade Show Mock-ups
- Cardinal has professional Inventory Management Specialists on staff
- Cardinal has an Equipment Specialist who can assist with recommendations for Packaging Equipment and any Contract Packaging needs
- Cardinal offers RQI (Random Quality Inspection) testing for all customers